1. Teaching is my third career, first I was a technical consultant based out of Dallas but working mostly in Denver, then I trained (in Vancouver - I loved living there) to be and worked as a pastry chef (in San Francisco, another great place to live). I decided to teach because I love math and don't understand why most people hate it.
2. I'm not sure if I've yet to convince a student who didn't already love math to love it, but I continue to try.
3. The longest I've ever lived in one place as an adult was the apartment I just left in Moscow. I was there 3 years.
4. I'm a tea, beer, coffee, and food snob, not necessarily in that order. But clothes, I could really care less about clothes. Though I do like dressing up and putting on make-up... about 4 times a year.
5. But given the food/drink snobbery, I hope to never eat at McDonald's or drink an American Bud (the Czech version is actually decent), MGD, etc again in my life.
6. When I'm unhappy you'll know it because I can't control my facial expressions. I'm trying to work on it because I unintentionally make my students feel bad when they get a wrong answer.
7. Die Hard might just be my favorite movie.
8. I have a crush on Lyle Lovett.
9. I will only run if being chased... by a person with a knife... and only if they're significantly bigger than me.
10. I have a huge tattoo that is usually hidden. I'm dreaming about my next.