Thursday, March 17

The Great White North

Oh, Canada! After 10 hours at home, I'm back in Vancouver; I have such a love for this city. It's like San Francisco light. Yesterday the sun was shining on all the blooming (ornamental) cherry trees, daffodils are popping up. I went to my favorite tea shop and stocked up on teas to bring home. At some point today Martino and I will leave for the Oakanogen a valley full of lakes, wineries, and farmers. Martino is a photographer turning towards documentary making. One of his many ideas is to interview the farmers of his favorite farmers' market here, Trout Lake. Since I know more about farming than he does (which granted isn't as much as I would like to) and a clear passion for food, sustainability and organic sources, well, here I am to go on this road trip with him and be his assistant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, AJ! Too bad you were in Canada to miss it...