Monday, December 6

Luxembourg

Back in early December I went off to Luxembourg with Ian. He worked there for 3 years and this was our trade off for me taking him to Moscow. He and 2 of his good friends from there showed me an all around great weekend. And though they call it Suxembourg, I loved it.

Everywhere you look, it looks like you've entered into a fairy tale. There are castles on hill tops:
Luxembourg

Luxembourg

By castles, I of course mean banks. (Really, every time I asked, "Wow, what's that?" The answer was always, "A bank." and never "That's where Rapunzel/Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty live." Tragic, I tell you.) For this is a town/country built on managing other people's money.

It's a town where you can walk everywhere, even if it was perilous due to the ice:
Luxembourg
(that's Carmen, my hostess with the mostest)

There was also random, funky art. Like the blue lady:
Luxembourg

There were also Christmas markets with hot wine and cookies:
Luxembourg

Luxembourg

And that weekend was the international festival, where we each bought a bottle of Canadian Maple Whiskey:
At the Canada booth

It was an awesome weekend. And I don't care what they say, I love Suxembourg.

2 comments:

Mickey said...

Yeah, I don't see anything in those photos to indicate Suxembourg. Looks pretty great to me. And how is the maple whiskey?

courtney said...

You'd think someone would have told you Cinderella lived in one of those castles, just to appease you.