Sunday, June 15

Almost done!

Well, one easy week of school to go for the 2007-2008 school year. All my students have taken their finals, none failed (though one came really close). I have to write their report cards and clean my room next week. I think I'll spend a few more days working on preparing for next year, but will likely do that from home.

I had a busy Saturday. I bought some art - a really lovely etching of 4 samovars with a scene of knights on horseback and domed churches in the background. I know it sounds strange, but it's great. Then I went to a rynok for smoked meats, off to the newly discovered fast food Japanese place for lunch, met up with Nat to tour Novedivechy Convent then to see her teeny, tiny Soviet apartment, then met up with some embassy folks for Indian dinner and then finally to Bree's to watch Russia beat Greece in last night's Euro Cup soccer match. Phew. I actually managed to stay awake until 1 a.m. Shocking, I know.

I had to spend today recovering. The most exciting event of today was potting the rosemary cutting taken from Istanbul. I got it to sprout roots, hopefully it will take to being in soil. The excitement never ends here.

No comments: