Thursday, July 3

Early Morning

Smoke alarm went off at 5:19 this morning. Naked, I sniffed for smoke, smelling none I took the time to put on some clothes, grab my camera and passport before heading into the empty, smoke-free hallway. I heard a man down in the lobby explaining there was a "beep, beep, beep" noise. He came back up with only a towel around his waist explaining the guard down stairs was only a downstairs guard and wouldn't come up to check it out. Several more people had emerged from their rooms, most barely clad. I'd wake up at 5 every morning to see some of the tall, lanky men who emerged in boxer briefs ;) The toweled man joined a toweled Thai woman as one of the other men finally took apart the smoke detector and we all went back to bed... only for another one to go off 10 minutes later.

No comments: