Thursday, January 6

New Year, New Blog

Check, baby, check, baby, 1-2-3-4. Alright, it appears to be working, finally. I tried for oh, almost 2 hours to get this to work via ftp to my website, emily pleases us, but alas, no dice. So here we are. I decided to stop writing my own html for ease in updating while I'm abroad. I leave in a week for Thailand, where I'll spend 6 weeks, mostly with the folks at Whispering Seed taking a permaculture course. What is permaculture you ask? Dictionary.com defines permaculture as:
A system of perennial agriculture emphasizing the use of renewable natural resources and the enrichment of local ecosystems.
The general over view from Whispering Seed
Beginning at the end of January 2005 we will be offering another training in sustainable models of living. This training will include a Permaculture, Deep Ecology and Earthcare Education, natural building workshop and will explore community building, weaving and spinning of cotton, natural medicines and alternative models of learning.
To me, I'm wanting it to be about sustainability, being organic. Living in such a way that we are conscious of the effect we are having. My hope is that when I return from Thailand I can find a job with one of the farming non-profits out here working with sustainable agriculture. But as with most things in my life, I'm going with the flow and we'll see what happens.

No comments: