Thursday, January 13

reclaiming my life

I was supposed to be on a Tokyo bound plane right now. Alas, yesterday, in a moment of feeling desperately ill, I changed my flight to Monday instead. I still think this was the right choice. It was only $100 and monies well spent. I woke up this morning with the realization that I had finally slept more than 1 hour straight. In fact I only woke up once during the night! I was very cough-y this morning, but I took a hot bath and said, loudly in my head, "Fuck you, cold! I want my life back." Rae has been taking such good care of me and I've felt like such a mooch. So I emptied the dishwasher, reloaded it, washed my sheets and pillow cases, took the compost out and went to the store for
- oranges and grapefruits
- jello
- chicken broth
- onion
- vapor rub
I also strayed from the list and bought some frozen garlic bread and egg noodles. Note that normally, I would find the jello and garlic bread disgusting, but I've hardly been eating and I feel like I should go with what sounds good. I think I'm going to go knit some more. While I was at the consulate, I made some good progress on adding the pocket to the hooded sweatshirt I'm making. It'd be nice to continue that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound very mumsy, but I'm glad you postponed it to get a bit better--nothing worse for you than flying with a sinus infection (okay, lots of things are worse, but you get my meaning). Take care! -Amanda (in Portland) :)